Saturday, August 19, 2023

Anal-retentive liars by implication among the mods at r/religion

 I've been banned for a week as of Thursday, and am sure that I'll be permabanned when I drop this post as part of my comments, and as a message to the mods there. Just like r/AcademicBiblical and its sister group, we've got butt-hurt dishonest moderators in a religion subreddit. What snowflakes.

What started it? This post, from a self-proclaimed theistic Satanist posing for an "Ask Me Anything." To which, I said.

Why would I ask you anything? Satan no more exists than god/s, angels or any other metaphysical entity.Edit: I'm also a secular humanist with a graduate theological degree, and an undergraduate degree in classical languages with philosophical study. So, I don't have any need to ask, either, any more than I would a believer in a world religion, whether monotheistic or not.And, it's no more proselytizing than holding oneself out for an AMA.

That then led the mods to get butt-hurt out of nowhere with this:

(A) Please do not ask others to convert to your faith, join your church, or other religious organization. 
(B) Please do not ask people to proselytized their faith to you. 
(C) Comments advising people to leave a particular religion or similar comments may be classified under this rule.

In response to which, I said in a new comment, with a quote of that, since the chickenshit mods don't allow responses to moderators:

Note to moderator(s) re that note: 
A: I did no such thing. 
B. I did no such thing. 
C. I did no such thing.

Boom. And, yes, the chickenshit mods are liars by implication, hence my edited original post.

Then came the second comment by moderators:

No drama about other subreddits or redditors here or elsewhere...for example, "Look at what the mods at (insert subreddit here) deleted!" or "This redditor at (insert subreddit here) is a joke!".

Followed, in good chickenshit style by the 7-day ban. And yes, anal-retentive liars by implication, it is chickenshit. Above all, as per the edited version of my original comment, I did no such thing.

And, they're even more chickenshit than r/AcademicBiblical or r/BibleScholars in that they hide the moderators list so you can't block them.

The deeper reality is that the OP was and is the evangelizer, with explicit consent of the mods. Allowing ANYBODY to do an AMA on that forum is by definition allowing them to proselytize.

==

Update, Aug. 25: It's official — the snowflakes have permabanned me.

Hello, You have been permanently banned from participating in r/religion because your comment violates this community's rules. You won't be able to post or comment, but you can still view and subscribe to it.

Snowflakes. They then sent a second message with "toodles" in it. I'm crushed.

They then send a third message that said, in my email:

You have been temporarily muted from r/religion. You will not be able to message the moderators of r/religion for 28 days.

Problem? That and the "toodles" messages don't show up when I click the links. Only the first. Fucktards.

So, do I block them now, or wait 28 days, then block? The former. Per LBJ, no need to get (further) in a pissing match with pissants.

No comments: