Saturday, May 27, 2023

Once more on r/Academic Biblical — its getting nonacademic and fundagelical

From a Mac Sticky Note I wrote to myself long before I was banned:

Do people on this channel understand the use of rhetorical questions in headlines? Or snark in comments? And, when did the Zohar become "academic biblical"? It NEVER did in my book.

Obviously, they don't understand the rhetorical or snarky. And, of course, the Zohar is not that. It's not academic at all. This would be like having an Albigensian book called academic. 

And, fundagelical theological questions, as well as exegetical ones, have been allowed there. It's supposedly a rule that such questions aren't allowed. But, in reality, by the backdoor, they are. And, you still have the moaners there, or you did in the past, complaining the site is too hard on fundagelicals. 

That said, to the degree I still drop in there, I don't see such complaints recently. And, this may be part of why. And, given some things some of the newish mods, including but not limited to, Naugrith, said before they took over, I wouldn't be surprised if that is indeed the case.

==

Update, May 19: Clear example here. This post violates Rule 2 and invokes theological beliefs, specificially fundagelical stances on inerrancy. I reported it. We'll see if anything is done. I doubt it. (I'm occasionally reporting other comments, even if I agree with them, for not showing their work as required.)

Update, May 23: r/MasterStrawberry has had comments repeatedly yanked, so they do enforce at times.

No comments: